Thanks (once again) to my good friend Britt over at Eating Bird Food, I was introduced to Fitness Blender. I mentioned it to some friends, and most people had already heard of it (thanks A LOT, friends). But right when I began watching some of their intro videos to get a “feel” for what type of workout program this might be, I was immediately won over by a couple things.
- Daniel and Kelli. They’re funny and cute. And they workout together (or so it seems) like David and I try to do. Having a male/female duo helps when you workout with your spouse/partner so you don’t feel like the workout is really geared towards one gender.
- Daniel and Kelli. They’re super fit. So that helps.
- And they’re Instagram/You Tube videos sometimes include their dog, Loki, which I love.
- They’re really into no-guilt/no body-shaming/no weird fads, which I appreciate. Like you can’t even give yourself a hard time after a holiday binge. Sure, you ate too much. Most people do. And chances are, you didn’t gain 5 lbs. You feel gross and bloated–probably from wayyy too much sodium and sugar, so drink a ton of water, and start back on your healthy plan tomorrow. No shame.
- Like most fitness programs, they recommend eating clean and green. So basically staying off of the “inside aisles” at the grocery store (avoiding processed crap), and instead shopping the perimeter where the tend to keep the “whole” foods. And the wine. Oh wait, that’s my rule.
- OH YEAH! You can find all of their routines online FREE! That should have been #1.
So yeah, I did some research after Britt told me about Fitness Blender and being able to easily search for a Yoga Routine, a “Butt Routine”, a HIIT workout, a good stretching routine, or pretty much whatever you want. So they definitely have that going for them if you want FREE online workouts. But I also began researching their “plans”. And they’ve got 5 different 8 week plans that you can buy the PDF of ($10), so I thought I’d give one a try.
We are a little over 2 weeks into the first program and here are my thoughts.
- This has been a great way to get a little “routine” back into my day, particularly since we recently moved.
- I’ve really enjoyed about 95% of the workouts. David and I are both relatively fit (can always be stronger), but about 5% have been too easy. They offer ways to modify to make it harder, and we do that, but there was one day in particular that I was like…really, that was a workout? Sweet! (because it was weirdly easy).
- Love Daniel and Kelli. They feel like real people who happen to be really great at fitness things, as opposed to fitness people who are crazy fitness fanatics.
- The PDF we got was for 8 weeks, and we’ve done just over 2. So I should have more updates later. But right now, I love having a specific plan laid out for me to do at home. No questions. No…”what should I do today?”, so that’s nice.
- We need a bigger living room. Not Fitness Blender’s fault, but at home workouts can be a challenge when you have a small house. It’s worth it though, because we don’t pay for a gym. #makeitwork
So overall, if you’re in need of a new FREE (or Low Cost if you want to buy a specific plan) workout program that you can do at home or on the road, I’d totally recommend this. We are really enjoying it right now. This is the one we’re doing (click on image).
So if you’ve done their workouts before, let me know what you think in the comments.
And if you aren’t sure you know where to start, I’d suggest their 5 day plan (you’ll see them listed like day one, day two…etc.). It’s free and it was what we did before we paid $10 for an 8 week plan. It was fun, and hard!